This newly created position is responsible for providing meeting management and administrative support, primarily for the Society of Neurological Surgeons (SNS). Responsible for communication and management of SNS meetings and programs, day-to-day membership services activities, website maintenance, and administrative support to the SNS, including its Treasurer’s and Secretary’s Offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides meeting management, registration and logistical services support.
- Responsible for SNS EC meetings, conference calls, agenda book preparation and distribution.
- Manages SNS Education/Faculty, CME process and awards.
- Develops budgets and oversees financial management.
- Creates marketing and advertising strategies and materials.
- Supports future SNS annual meeting sites selection process.
SNS Boot Camps and RUNN
- Provides general meeting management support.
- Interfaces with industry to maintain SNS's conflict-free status.
SNS Membership Services
- Serves as central point of contact for SNS member communications.
- Manages day-to-day activities for the SNS member services office.
- Receives, processes and responds to incoming SNS member calls and e-mail correspondence during regular business hours.
- Maintains physical address for SNS shipping related to SNS members, SNS meetings and other SNS business.
- Attends SNS Summit and other SNS meetings, as required.
- Maintains SNS historical records - both physical, digital and online.
- Oversees management of SNS membership, including:
- Calls for payment of dues
- Processes membership applications
- E-commerce for dues and other products, as required
- Maintenance of online SNS member directory
- Creation of SNS' s annual new membership electronic booklet
- PD, PC and Resident communications and mass electronic and/or physical mailings, as necessary.
SNS Website (societyns.org)
- Redesign and migration.
- Member database integration.
- Administrative and technical support of SNS website.
- General maintenance of website domain.
Summit and Interim Meetings
- General meeting and administrative support.
- Process travel reimbursements for attendees.
SNS Treasurer's Office
- Works with finance team to:
- Process expense payments and collect revenue.
- Maintain SNS account records and bank accounts.
- Prepares financial statements and ad hoc reports.
- Comply with and provide required material for the SNS-designated auditors
- Provides material for CNS-designated tax preparer.
- Invests excess SNS funds with CNS investment firm.
- Supports SNS Treasurer and Executive Council for strategic financial planning and budget development.
SNS Secretary's Office
- Creates agenda for Council, Annual Business, and Summit meetings.
- Responsible for EC meetings, conference calls, agenda book preparation and distribution.
- Records, distributes and archives meeting minutes.
- Prepares correspondence, reports, letters, memoranda, e-mails and other written material.
- Maintains and updates Constitution and Bylaws, as necessary.
- Manages committee lists and agendas.
- Maintains all electronic and paper files.
- Supports general administrative function timeline formulation and implementation.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 4 years’ related experience, preferably in a medical/physician association.
- Bachelor’s degree required, CMP designation preferred.
- Strong computer skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in use of internet.
- Experience with database management is required.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with volunteer leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
- Experience in budgeting, managing vendors, and writing program copy.
Send your cover letter indicating position of interest, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Choose between two BlueCross BlueShield preferred provider options.
We offer a preferred provider option dental plan. The CNS pays 100% of the premium for employee-only coverage.
Coverage for eye exams, lenses, frames and contacts. The CNS pays 100% of the premium for employee-only coverage.
Group Insurance Programs
We offer group life and accidental death and dismemberment as well as group short-term and long-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
Employee Assistance Program
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support and guidance for matters that range from personal issues employees face to providing information on everyday topics that include:
- Dependent Care & Care Giving
- Legal & Financial
- Working Smarter
- Lifestyle & Fitness Management
Employees may contribute a portion of their compensation as a pretax deferral and enter the plan once eligibility requirements are met. Fully vested upon enrollment!
The CNS supports employees who wish to further their education. We offer an education assistance, 50% tuition reimbursement, up to $5,250, for approved degree programs and/or individual college-level courses.
- Training and development
- Conference attendance
- Professional certifications/memberships
Paid Time Off
PTO provides full-time regular and part-time regular employees with paid time away from work that can be used for vacation, personal time or illness. Employees accrue:
- 10 days first year, prorated based on hire date
- 22 days during years two to five
- 27 days during years six to ten
- 32 days eleven or more years
We provide paid time off to full-time employees for 10 scheduled holidays per year plus one paid floating holiday.
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- Employee referral bonus
- Casual dress code
- Flextime and telecommuting options
Annual Performance Evaluation
Performance evaluations are performed on an annual basis. Salary adjustments are based on employee performance and other business factors.