Supports all membership and membership marketing strategies. Responsible for providing exceptional member service to all members and prospects. Executes the recruitment of all new members to CNS and monitors application process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Researches, identifies, and effectively communicates with prospective members to generate new membership applications.
- Assists with credentialing, tracking, and processing of member applications; maintains related records and files.
- Serves as a point of contact for incoming membership application inquiries; responds to oral, written and e-mail inquiries and provides prompt, accurate information.
- Assists in the development and implementation of membership recruitment and retention strategies as Senior Member Recruitment Coordinator. This includes distributing membership recruitment and retention correspondence and execution of member calling campaigns.
- Responsible for documenting member communications regarding requests for change in member status. Maintains the integrity of the member database, ensures the accuracy of its content; including timely modification of all records.
- Assists with the management of the member list and data management, including the Young Neurosurgeons’ Directory.
- Manages the Resident and Medical Student application/approval process.
- Oversees International Vista Resident graduation process and required record modifications.
- Assists the Senior Member Recruitment Coordinator in ordering CNS membership booth at the CNS Annual Meeting and other conferences at the direction of Marketing and the Senior Member Recruitment Coordinator.
- Assists with annual membership renewal and suspended member recruitment process, including membership billing. Acts as back up to Member Service Coordinator for monitoring and administering of membership dues payments.
- Manages the annual status change of graduating Resident and Resident non-members, including collaboration with IT for proper back-end database modification.
- Generates monthly OUP journal subscriber pull.
- Acts as secondary back up (after Senior Member Recruitment Coordinator) to Member Service Coordinator for monitoring and administering of membership dues payments.
- In the absence of the receptionist and/or back-up, answers, screens, and transfers incoming phone calls as needed.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum two years’ experience, preferably in a medical/physician association.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong computer skills required, including expertise with Microsoft suite of software: Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in use of internet.
- Experience with database management is required.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with volunteer leaders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Work with minimal supervision and exercise independent judgment and tact.
- Excellent writing, grammatical, and proofreading skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills required.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment with light noise. Work may be frequently interrupted. The employee will spend the majority of the workday sitting, computing, and talking/hearing. May require lifting (boxes) in the 10-25 lb. range requiring the ability to bend at the waist and knee.
Schedule and Travel Requirements
May require more than 37.5 hours per week to perform the essential duties of the position. Ability to travel to meetings at national, regional, or local venues and fulfill evening or weekend obligations. Under 10% air travel required.
Send your cover letter indicating position of interest, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose between two BlueCross BlueShield preferred provider options.
We offer a preferred provider option dental plan. The CNS pays 100% of the premium for employee-only coverage.
Coverage for eye exams, lenses, frames and contacts. The CNS pays 100% of the premium for employee-only coverage.
Group Insurance Programs
We offer group life and accidental death and dismemberment as well as group short-term and long-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee.
Employee Assistance Program
An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides support and guidance for matters that range from personal issues employees face to providing information on everyday topics that include:
- Dependent Care & Care Giving
- Legal & Financial
- Working Smarter
- Lifestyle & Fitness Management
Employees may contribute a portion of their compensation as a pretax deferral and enter the plan once eligibility requirements are met. Fully vested upon enrollment!
The CNS supports employees who wish to further their education. We offer an education assistance, 50% tuition reimbursement, up to $5,250, for approved degree programs and/or individual college-level courses.
- Training and development
- Conference attendance
- Professional certifications/memberships
Paid Time Off
PTO provides full-time regular and part-time regular employees with paid time away from work that can be used for vacation, personal time or illness. Employees accrue:
- 10 days first year, prorated based on hire date
- 22 days during years two to five
- 27 days during years six to ten
- 32 days eleven or more years
We provide paid time off to full-time employees for 10 scheduled holidays per year plus one paid floating holiday.
- New Year’s Day
- President’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Eve
- Employee referral bonus
- Casual dress code
- Flextime and telecommuting options
Annual Performance Evaluation
Performance evaluations are performed on an annual basis. Salary adjustments are based on employee performance and other business factors.