Annual Meeting and Junior Resident Course Update
Updated March 30, 2020
- The SNS Executive Council is actively considering the best course of action for our 100th Anniversary Annual Meeting, still scheduled to take place in Philadelphia from May 30 through June 2. We want to assure all members and attendees that your health and safety are of utmost importance. We will provide an update on the meeting as soon as possible.
- The SNS is in communication with our affiliated organization, Association of Residency Administrators in Neurological Surgery (ARANS), to make sure we are working in tandem with both of our meetings.
- The SNS Junior Resident Courses were cancelled. The Subcommittee on Resident Courses and the Committee on Resident Education are working hard to provide online material so that individual residencies can achieve some of the course goals locally at their own programs.
- We are carefully evaluating and re-evaluating the status of the SNS Intern Boot Camp Courses, scheduled in July.
- The One Neurosurgery Summit, originally scheduled to meet in conjunction with the AANS meeting, will instead meet virtually on Tuesday April 28th. In addition to the leadership and education topics important to the ‘house of neurosurgery’, Summit organization leadership will discuss the ongoing coordinated response of U.S. neurosurgery to the pandemic.
- Most CAST fellowship accreditation activities continue remotely.
- Wherever possible, the SNS also continues its work with the ACGME and other training organizations to advance the interests of our residency and fellowship programs.
Government Information and Resources
Please contact the Society of Neurological Surgeons at 847-805-4515 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.