Active membership is for licensed practicing neurosurgeons in North America. Apply today
Benefits of Active Membership
The benefits of Active membership include:
The annual dues for Active membership are $675.
Are You Eligible?
An applicant for Active membership in the Congress must be a licensed physician, whose practice is substantially limited to neurological surgery. Further, an applicant for Active membership must:
- meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada or the Mexican Council of Neurological Surgery; or
- have completed the residency training requirements of a neurological surgery program accredited by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; or
- have acceptable academic training equivalent to the requirements for eligibility for examination by the American Board of Neurological Surgery; or
- have an outstanding record in the field of neurological surgery over a period of years, due to the high standard of quality of the applicant's work;
- Be a member in good standing in the applicant's local or regional medical society, or provide equivalent documentation of good standing in the local medical community. Applicants who are active duty officers in the Armed Forces are exempt from this requirement;
- Have a record consistent with the highest standards of the profession
Apply for Membership Today
Submit a completed and signed Active membership application, verification of your primary neurosurgical training and two references from CNS members. Upon approval by the CNS executive committee, you will be required to pay a $25 application fee and dues of $675.
You also can download an application. For more information, contact us.